Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Rocking Chair and Quilting

Ginny got a rocking chair from my dad or "Pop" as he is known here. Here she is really happy to have it. Thanks Pop!Violet also loved it. As soon as I put her in it she started rocking. I had no idea she even knew how.So my mom visited last weekend and she made a pad from my baby bassinet fabric for the rocking chair. Nice work mom! So I was inspired by the blanket that matched the bassinet fabric. Using the technique I learn from the three classes on sewing I took last year, I made a small quilt for Giraffee.Here's the back. This is my first quilted quilt rather than tied quilt.

Here is a close up. My bears mouths are askew but still cute.

10 comments:

Shaela said...

sooooo cute! I didn't know you could sew as well - we have more in common than I realized! :)

Aaron, Julie, and Trey said...

wow, great job! That's so neat the rocking chair is from their grandpa, customized by grandma, and you put the mommy touch in by making accessories (kind of). :) cute! I love the rocking chair--it's beautiful!

LilyBeez said...

I like the little quilt. It's cool.

~Aimee~ said...

Adorable! Way cute. :-D

Mags said...

They look great.

~Aimee~ said...

By the way, I tagged you on my blog. Check it out. :-)

kilaMOMjaro said...

Nice work! Post the video of Vi on the chair. =]

<3

Shauna said...

Happy Birthday Bri!

Jessica Jo said...

Great job, you inspire me to become more crafty! the girls are adorable :)

mandi said...

YOU ROCK!!! HAPPY B-DAY btw. . .