Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Chocoholic Party


It was an evening of elegant chocolate desserts, I can say so because I made all of them. Chocolate is my forte! To your left is what Marcel Desaulniers calls Midnight Truffle Cake. This is a black cocoa sponge cake, with chocolate sour cream icing and truffles of the night up top, garnished with ganache. Other creations inspired by Marcel were Essential Chocolate Mousses served in Chocolate bowls and Deep Dark Chocolate Fudge Cookies. The mousses were both white and dark chocolate and the Cookies were dipped in chocolate and made into ice cream sandwiches. The final Creation was inspired by my Grandmother, Angel Mocha Pie. This dessert was invented when my Grandmother realized she didn't have all she needed for a lemon meringue pie so the meringue became the crust and the filling deep dark chocolate. The night included great conversation and games played with six lovely ladies, Shellie, Annie, Arrow, Robin, Allison and Erin. I had such a great time serving them these are the only pictures I have, sorry to disappoint. I look forward to next year!
















Last years dessert photo below (nice blond hair)



These are the same cookies, other desserts here are triple layer mousse, a chocolate torte, and a Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. The guest that time were the Romishs, Alderks, Taffs, and Scotts. Sorry didn't take a photo that time. I guess I get so caught up in serving.

6 comments:

kilaMOMjaro said...

I love the new look! I have a Marcel book here for you I think...theres two "Desserts to Die FOr" on my shelf...oh and he has a new one out too. =D

Nice work my young one...you have learned well.

<3

robin marie said...

i was just thinking about chocolate! i want another cookie! thanks!

NW Varneys said...

Oooooh, I am jealous, yet inspired....

Charayne said...

That's a great idea! Esp. the chocolate part. YUM! You should post some of your recipies...unless they are top secret.

Jenna Z said...

Hey hey! I don't see your email anywhere so I'll leave a comment! I got my apron today and it is awesome! It saw me through a massive baking session today! See a picture here: http://flickr.com/photos/beastbunny/2573680291/

Those recipes are awesome too! Thanks!

Charayne said...

I love the new picture on the top of your blog. You guys are a darling family.